Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Food Related Play #28

Goblin’s Rainbow

Pressing into my muscles

And sucking into my teeth

I dropped my stomach to the floor

At

Age of five

On Saturday

I

Solemnly

Swore

To floor your pedaled jaundiced breaks that wake to wind

Perfection canned

And

Stored

For the God of you mother

You keeper of sky

At five you took me to our father

To soak my head in sins for

Gifts to make you better

Narrow in your looking glass

Forever on your paper’s edge

By

Myself christened in guilt

Reduced to

Mouth of blood

With

Lungs of heat

And

Nails of grout

Splashed to believe

That

This was my bed

And

You were my sheets

To

Take me

Folded in the molded forms you made for me

You said you’d be my parking lot

You said the pounds would feather down

I stayed inside all day for you

I whittled knees to bow to you

I harnessed backs to carry you

I Matted hair to goats with you

And froze the milk in cubes for you

You

Played the games on gagging pipes

On seven floors

To tip the scale

To wrong the way

To gram the crust

In countless chews of circus breaks

In waves to wake the song that’s caged

In ink to draw the strings that bind

The words to find it’s bigger now

Stronger in the giant land

Wide in the butter dish

Drained from the purge on the swing of your curse

Trail of hips good night

For

I’m the moon good bye

~Skin and Toast

No comments:

Post a Comment