Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

City

Dear Sugar Crystals,
I'm only going to say this once,
And then never again,
I'm only going to remind you of,
The people outside
Of this city
Baking under bridges,
Wailing next to gem stones,
Floating on their backs like guppies in bath tubs.
Once.
Upon a flowering vine.

Nothing is more healing then a plastic zebra mask tied to my ears.

Pinching my cheeks like a granny.

I turned to him and said I was ready.

I turned to the bricks behind my head and whispered.

You don't scare me.

My anger is a statement. If you don't get that by now. Then you are a robot. Then I wasted my time. I cut you into coupons. Pink. And brown. And blue. And red. Opposite ends of the wheel. Dangling off the tip of my fork like a sausage in a dungeon.

The dogs came a running.

The dogs licked my eyes.

I can't tell you how lucky we are to have a Brita and a can of Old Bay.

The breath, and width, and depth of me,
Skin & Toast

No comments:

Post a Comment