Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Chin Hair

And then sometimes I pull these things right out of my ass,
How would you describe your writing?
Invent a term.
Pink
Canals.
Makes perfect sense.
The pink symbolizes the innocence,
The Elizabeth Bishop influence,
The Waiting Room,
The narrative.
See, if we could talk about me for a second,
I,
I am a storyteller.
That's what I am.
I'm at an A and
I have a B to get to.
I have an oar, a wooden oar, right?
A canal.
I have somewhere to be, but am never in a hurry.
Ever.
People ask me if I need a croissant all the time,
No,
I just ate.
I had to.
I had to stop for waffles at the zoo,
I had to because I was three hours early.
Remember that book where the kids slept in the museum, remember?
Were you there?
Did you steal the pennies out of the fountain so you could afford those sandwich slots at 1 o'clock in the Mad hatten pussy whipped stone pavement fox trot?
Did you sleep on Lincoln's bed?
Did you smother the penguins in relish?
I know I did.

Skin, Toast, Hawk, Water

No comments:

Post a Comment