Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Drafted Rough.

When I Was 5 and Had My Looks

Oh a fox was I

A shell between a breast

I hung on frames

And shucked on legs

Yes

There was a flannel gown

Pressed between my gums

It draped on chains behind my door

It Pinked and pricked a

Sweet sweet basement of a girl

He was

A shelf on top my lungs

We

Never touched the ground

It’s fine

The sleeves claimed islands all their own

I often wonder

Will my waist come down

Again

To

Raise my ruffle

Like a barn in the night

And take my twenty pounds to bank

Oh a fox was I

I wonder

When can I peel back that time

Too her holy skinless

Boyhood raft

Oh to be a waffle cutting

Inner

Gated thigh

To be an opera on his loafer

To choke in threads

And feel once more



~Skin and Toast

No comments:

Post a Comment