Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dialogue from the first university and I've still never been to San Francisco

Me: It's cold in the writing room, by the way.
Her: Well, then how do you explain the flowers?
Him: I don't explain anything, I work.
Me: Well, I take a lot of breaks.
Her: Normal people go to libraries.
Him: Normal people die, its all the same.
Me: Stop yelling.
Her: I imagined you'd be brave.

Me: She took me to a field one night after a long assignment was due. I pretended I had never been there. She told me it was more beautiful when on drugs and with men. I blew my nose and kept walking.

Him: Its funny the memories you make in your twenties. I was on a train most of the time. I had a car, but it was more trouble than it was worth. I was hospitalized and that scared me.

She: I started and stopped writing music. I got new clothes and met someone.

Us: I wonder what we're supposed to do now, besides get tattoos and fix our minds. Thank God we still all love each other, on the second floor of our neighbor's homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment